St Paul's Hammersmith
> Our Story
St Paul’s Hammersmith has had an amazing past. Organised worship has been happening on the site since 1629 and her history is rich and surprising. We are part of the latest chapter and we invite you to join us in building for God's kingdom in this generation and the next. Watch the video above for the story of our last 10 years or view the detailed history below.
1629 – 2000
St Paul’s church has always been at the heart of the community of Hammersmith.
Centred on the site of the original chapel, the present building, which is the church's principal meeting-place, was constructed in 1884. For more information you can download this article:
Meaning and History of the Church Building.
2000 – 2010
The new chapter began in early 2000 when 180 people came from
Holy Trinity Brompton
with Revd. Simon Downham to join an existing small congregation in rebuilding the life and mission of the church.
The team were challenged by the Bishop of London to re-imagine the local church. What might it mean to be a transforming community for the city? Over the last 10 years
physically and spiritually the church and its building have been comprehensively restored inside and out.
The launch of the St Paul's Centre extension in late 2011 marks the closing of one chapter and the opening of another. St Paul's
has become home to diverse community initiatives, radical social reformation, a large children and families ministry, cityshaper discipleship programmes and a passionate commitment to the worship of God and the proclamation of Jesus Christ and his Kingdom. Come and be a part of it.
St Paul's is in relationship with
St Paul's Theological Centre
Women's Christmas Social
Holy Communion Service (in Booth Room)
Jobs at St Paul's
Children and Families
Men's and Women's Ministries
As 2 Become 3
Prayer Ministry and Freedom Prayer Courses
The Marriage Course
The Marriage Preparation Course
The Money Course
St Paul's on Facebook
St Paul's on Twitter
St Paul's on Flickr
St Paul's on Vimeo
St Pauls Church
Queen Caroline St
020 8748 3855
Registered Charity 1130490