Front of House Receptionist (Fixed term (maternity cover) 6 months from March) Part Time
St Paul’s Hammersmith (SPH) is a vibrant Anglican urban church based in the Centre of the dynamic and diverse London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. Combining a grade II* listed church with a RIBA award winning meeting space (St Paul’s Centre); welcome and hospitality are central to our values as a Church and our busy Centre and Café serve a wide range of visitors at any one time.
Our vision at SPH
We live to glorify God by becoming a transforming community for London and beyond.
Our strategy is the formation of dynamic, urban, missional disciples or Cityshapers. We want to foster a culture that invests in and serves the community and the church of Jesus.
We are now looking for a Front of House Receptionist to join our team on a fixed term maternity cover for the next 6 months starting in March. The successful candidate will be experienced in ‘Front of house’ with strong customer service, IT skills and administrative skills, overseeing a busy community and commercial centre, dealing with competing priorities and initiatives and a busy site team. You will be passionate about hospitality, and with your attention to detail you will be able to professionally oversee all client bookings from first expression through to administration of invoicing. You will be a team player, completely comfortable working within a busy operational setting dealing with our various partner charities, and our wide diversity of individual clients and groups, being both professional and welcoming. You will be an active Christian and comfortable working within a Church setting. Experience in sales and or finance will be helpful with a heart to serve with passion and energy.
You will support the smooth running of our reception, church and café areas. As a member of the Front of House Receptionist team you will:
- Help us to create a friendly, relaxing and professional environment.
- Provide exceptional and efficient customer service to everyone who visits St Pauls Hammersmith
- Give a warm welcome and answer queries professionally in a caring and helpful way, making sure everyone feels valued.
- Managing telephone and email enquiries, appointment bookings and maintaining accurate client records against the computer database
- Managing social media enquiries
To succeed as a Front of House Receptionist team member you will:
- Be well-presented, confident, punctual, reliable and intuitive.
- Have great communication skills, whether face-to-face, on the phone or written. You will have the confidence and empathy to provide excellent customer care to all sorts of people.
- Be self-motivated, with plenty of initiative. You also have experience of delivering great service.
- Be able to deal with complex issues fast and efficiently putting both internal and external clients first at all times.
- Be computer literate including the use of Word and Excel.
This role is a Part Time role 8:00 – 5:30 covering Thursday and Friday
In return you’ll have the opportunity to work within a dynamic supportive team environment
Prorated salary – FTE £20,000 – £22,000 (dependent on experience)
Prorated holidays – 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
There is an occupational requirement that the jobholder is a Christian under the Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010. The post holder will take an active part in the spiritual day to day mission of the Organisation.
All employers have a legal responsibility to ensure that all employees have the right to work in the UK.
If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide your original documents as evidence of your right to work in the UK.
The incumbent will need to have a Basic DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate)
Find full Job Description online here
The closing date for this application will be 8th March 2020.