Part time Facilities Assistant (14 hours per week including 1 in 4 Sunday working)
St Paul’s Hammersmith is a large vibrant urban church planted from HTB, and is made up of St Paul’s Church and St Paul’s Centre, an award winning commercial conference venue Centre and Café, situated in the middle of the dynamic and diverse London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. We are passionate about building community and pride ourselves in delivering a welcoming space and our Facilities team are an integral part of helping us to deliver across all of our sites.
Our vision – We live to glorify God by becoming a transforming community for London and beyond.
Our mission – The formation of dynamic, urban, whole of life missional disciples or Cityshapers.
Our strategy – We give ourselves to be shaped by God to shape the city.
We want to foster a culture that invests in and serves the community and the church of Jesus.
We are currently recruiting a part time Facilities Assistant to join our existing facilities team.
You will be an important part of the team to ensure that our facilities continue to deliver the quality that our clients and congregation expect. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a deep Christian faith in God and desires to use their practical skills and experience in support of our Vision and Mission as a Church and as a Centre.
We are looking for someone with the necessary skills and abilities to be able to:
- Take care of the day to day maintenance of the grounds and buildings
- Undertake minor repairs
- Keep all areas clean and tidy
- Room set up and break down
- Physical Lifting – tables, chairs bins etc
- Delivering great customer service, engaging with a diversity of individuals including our Sunday congregation
The ideal person will be:
- Someone with a can-do attitude
- Good communication skills
- A team player
- Someone who has proven experience in a similar role
- Maintenance experience (plumbing, painting, gardening, decorating, etc)
- Able to work flexible hours across the week, including 1 Sunday in 4 weeks
- Ideally you will have experience working within a Church and or Conference Centre context
- Clean driving license
- Variable working pattern – Equivalent of 2 days (14 hours) working flexibly across Monday – Friday, with 1 in 4 Sunday working. The Sunday working will count as 1 of the 2-day working for every 4th week. Typically, this will be:
- Sunday 8:00am – 2:00pm
- Monday – Friday: 7:00am – 3:00pm, 10:00am – 4:00pm and 12:00pm – 8:00pm
- Evenings and weekends on key Church dates (Rota time shift or time off given in lieu)
- Location: St Paul’s Hammersmith, Queen Caroline Street, Hammersmith, London, W6 9PJ with travel to other sites within a 10-mile radius
- Salary – prorated salary of FTE £20,075 (hourly rate of 11.00) – FTE £21,900 (hourly rate of £12) dependent on experience
- Pro rata 25 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays. 2-3 days discretionary between Christmas and New Year.
There is an occupational requirement that the jobholder is a Christian under the Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010. The post holder will take an active part in the spiritual day to day mission of the Organisation.
All employers have a legal responsibility to ensure that all employees have the right to work in the UK, if you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide your original documents as evidence of your right to work in the UK.
This role will require a DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate) of a level appropriate to your post.
The closing date for this application will be 15th March 2020.